Friday, July 2, 2010

G/F Cranberry Pumpkin Bread


Since adopting the gluten-free lifestyle the hardest part has been finding a good substitute for all purpose flour. I came across Domata's website and decided to give it a try. I have to admit it was expensive when you add in the cost of shipping, but I figured if was good, it would be worth it and I could buy in larger amounts next order to save money. Anyways....today was my first recipe replacing my regular all purpose flour with the Domata g/f flour. It is TASTEY!!! And more importantly the texture is not at all gritty! So here's the recipe....hope you like it!


Cranberry Pumpkin Bread ( This recipe can also be made using regular all purpose flour)

2 1/4 cups all purpose flour (I used Domata)
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 (150z) can pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup dried cranberries

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 2 - 9x5 loaf pans.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, spices, baking powder and salt.
3. Combine eggs, sugar, pumpkin and oil in small mixing bowl until just blended. Stir wet mixture into dry mixture until batter is just moistened. Fold in cranberries. Spoon into prepared baking pans.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 55 minutes.







No comments:

Post a Comment