Friday, January 7, 2011

It's Scraptastic!

 If you do any kind of Scrapbooking at all you've probably heard of Becky Higgins. A few years back she came up with a system of scrapping called Project 365 or now it's called Project Life. Her 365 kits became a "must have" for busy scrappers and even those who didn't really want to scrapbook in the traditional way. With her system, you just take a photo or more each day, slide them into divided sleeves in a scrapbook, add a journaling card and BAM...you're done. And at the end of the year, you have a pretty good look at your daily life for that year. Well her kits sold out and there was no way to get any more. So my daughter and I decided that we would make our own. I love the way they came out, but the only problem was that they took a long time to do. Kinda defeats the purpose :) But I'm still glad I did it.



This year, right after Christmas I went on Amazon (they are handling orders for Becky Higgins Project Life) and found that the new kits were available! The entire kit was $52.99 which is cheaper than what I paid for my binder and all the pages and stuff I used on my version!  So I quickly ordered mine and it came yesterday! I looked today and they are all sold out again. You could always buy the binders and the photo sleeves separately and make your own or maybe they'll have more available soon. Turquoise Binder Amber Binder Ring Photo Sleeve Protectors 12-Inch-by-12-Inch, 10-Pack, Multi Pack As for me....... I'm just so excited to get started! I'll be turning 50 this year and welcoming 2 new grandchildren, so it's a neat time for me to have this special year in one binder.  No more taking an hour or so to decide on what background paper I want to use! I even read where one woman is leaving hers out on the kitchen table so that the hubby and the kids can write on the journal cards and be a part of the project too. I love that! I'm going to ask my kids and grandkids to contribute too. I can't wait to see how it all turns out by the end of the year!


4 comments:

  1. neato mosquito
    The question: do I really want to remember the teen years? :-0 aaahhhhhhhhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  2. still lovin the new background and layout......which template do you use for the three columns?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm suprised that you didn't mention Kirk in picture #3. It was my Valentine's Day card from Joser. When you open it, it plays the theme song from ST :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great idea. I have lots of scrapbooking supplies but I'm short on time. I've never even finished the scrapbook for my daughters first year of life. I left off at 11 months. She'll be 7 shortly!

    ReplyDelete