Saturday, July 23, 2011

Friday Night Sew In #3

Last night I took part in my 3rd Friday Night Sew In and as usual it was so much fun! My buddies Amy and Regena were also playing along and we chatted online in between sewing our projects. A few weeks back I carried Evie's quilt over to my daughter's house to do some hand quilting and I really wished I had a large tote to carry it in safely. So I thought I'd keep my eyes open for some fabric that would work.

Look what I found on etsy!!!! It's called "Sew Now Sew Wow" by Alexander Henry and they had it in upholstery canvas weight! I was immediately smitten! Every time I look at it I have to smile! The seller shipped it so fast that it arrived yesterday morning so I was able to use it for the FNSI :)
Oh yeah....I'm a happy girl :)
Of course I lined the bag in red and white polka dots!
 I'm going to make a small zipper bag to carry my perle thread, scissors and thimble in but I'm still on the fence as to what pattern to use for that.

For the tote I used my trusty Simplicity 9658 view C pattern and it fits the baby sized quilt and all my perle cotton bubbles and scissor with room to spare!

I fussy cut the pocket to include that adorable black sewing machine with the red heart detail :)
 I've been told by my friends that I should not leave this bag unattended as it might suddenly go missing......:)
Maybe I'll sew a LoJack into one of the seams,
 just for good measure!

15 comments:

  1. Sew Wow is right! Definitely would sew a LoJack into the seam :) LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sew freaking cute!!! And if I were around it would go missing, it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I love that fabric. I hope you can keep it in your sight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. be forewarned......It might disappear and live in the delta...just sayin :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE that bag! I've always loved that fabric - a friend of mine covered her ironing board with it! And I saw a chair at a quilt shop that was upholstered in it - CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not if I get to it first Regena and I only live 2 hrs away lol. VERY cute...i need a new bag ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE THIS!!<3
    I am a new fan! I would love it if you would visit me back My-2-Cents

    my_2_cents at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely bag and great fabric!
    Cheers,
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. It certainly could go missing, the fabric is fabulous and it's perfect for carrying your sewing projects. I like the size. My current crafty bag is a bit too small, this looks like a good size.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a nice BIG bag. It measures 23" across and 15 deep! I love it....that's why I make it again and again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice :-)! I totally think you need to low-jack the bag...I am just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute, i love totes and polka dots. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable! The fabric, the pattern, it just turned out great. What a fun bag to carry around!

    ReplyDelete