Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A Journal for a Friend :)

Have you ever met someone and for whatever reason, God has really just placed them on your heart? I've had this happen to me a few times where, at the time, I don't know exactly what is happening with them, I only know that they keep coming back to my thoughts. Through my blog, I've recently met a lovely woman like that who is going through an incredibly tough time right now. She is relying on the Lord to give her the strength that she needs as she cares for her ailing Mother. I felt moved to make something for her and at first I was reluctant to reach out to her, afraid that she might think I was some kind of weirdo ( which I totally am )
But after I contacted her, I was really glad I did.
I remembered that my Mom kept a journal of the last few weeks of my Dad's life as he battled with cancer. She wrote her feelings and the funny things he'd say to make her laugh as well as the day to day happenings. She re-reads it every year in May and it keeps her feeling very connected to him. 

 I did this small cross stitch and then made a cover for a blank journal out of red & white polka dot canvas. I stitched the completed cross stitch to the cover. I hope that she will find comfort in it, just like my Mom still does.

I didn't write this post to say "look what a nice person I am". Whatever gifts or talents I may possess or whatever good ideas may pop up in my head come directly from Jesus Christ. I wrote this post to encourage others to maybe look around them and see if perhaps God has placed someone in their life that could use some encouragement today.

"Do not withhold good from those who deserve it, when it is in your power to act." -Proverbs 3:27

6 comments:

  1. The journal looks awesome! What a great purpose and what a great friend you are! I'm sure this will make her smile. You are truly a wonderful caring person! Have a Great Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful thing you are doing and the book is just lovely.
    The Lord will bless you many times over.
    Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI, the journal cover is gorgeous...i also love the cross stitch detail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and thoughtful. I've met people like that too....they just touch you sometimes. I've learned to listen when God gives that little nudge to reach out. I've made my closest friends that way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, you are an amazingly wonderful person who makes the world a better place! Your kindness and generosity is wonderful and brightens the day for so many others! Thanks for spreading kindness!

    ReplyDelete