Thursday, January 5, 2012

Nähvergnügen :)

Does anyone remember the Volkswagon commercials where
the catch phrase was "Fähr Vergnügend"?
The way they pronounced it sounded like Far Fig-noogen.
What that means in German is the joy of driving.
Well the After Christmas Sew Along is all about
the joy of sewing (Nähvergnügen)!
Thanks to Frollein Pfau for the correct spelling!
I was going to ask my mom, but she didn't answer her phone this morning  :)

I've had some email questions about whether or not
you have to play along all 4 weeks.
Or if this is a talent competition.
Or if you have to complete a project before you post pictures.

Here's the run down.
You don't have to play along all 4 weeks.
You are welcome to join in whenever you like
even if this is the first time you've ever
sewn anything. The prizes will go to random winners,
not the craftiest or most amazing projects.
It's open to all skill levels.
You can post pictures of work in progress if you like.

The whole idea for this sew along
 is to remember the joy of sewing.
To sew because you love to sew.
Make what you want.
No rules. No deadlines.
Just us girls,
getting together
having some fun
and encouraging each other.
So make sure you stop by the flickr group
and leave some comments and share the love.
I'm headed over there right now!!!

8 comments:

  1. to get a windows based computer to to the letter U with umlots(sp?)you do this for a small letter u:
    hold down the alt key, type in the numbers 0252, let go of alt key
    ü ta daaaaaaaa
    I plan on sewing today....unless more life bites me in the booty. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you mean "Nähvergnügen" I guess ("Nahen Vergnugend" doesnt' exist in German).

    Here I've got some "ü's" for you :) üüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüü

    Greetings from Germany*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe....I love it! =) Thanks for this wonderful encouragement to sew! I need it in the winter. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished this week's project...with me going back to work this week, I was under the gun to get it done in time! I'm posting it on my own blog tomorrow

    www.yarnigras.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter and I are having a blast with the after christmas sew along :). Going to pick up my new sewing machine tomorrow , woohoo. I've been using her little brother machine from walmart, but of course the stitches are very limited, so looking forward to getting one with more options!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i finally joined the Flickr group and posted my finished project. Now I'm off to bed, I have school tomorrow. Thank God it's Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ayer me uní al grupo y estoy encanta con esta nueva experiencia, ya solo me falta ir dando clases de mi inglés, pero no importa. ¡Es una alegría estar con vosotras en el grupo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE to sew and sewing along with you makes it even more enjoyable. Thank you for the fun sew along. I look forward to more fun in the future. You know I am not the craftiest or best crafter, but I will totally give it a go :-)! I am having 'sew' much fun :-)! I made my first thread loop buttonhole. It came out pretty good :-)! I will post my finished stuff when I get home I have to downsize the photos for Flickr.

    ReplyDelete